Selling Absolute! Less than 2 hours South of Kansas City, MO and 1 hour North of Springfield, MO, this intensive grazing operation’s native grasses and annually planted grazing forages provide an amazing scenery but also provide the cornerstone of a productive ranch. This operation is just what you would expect in an excellent Missouri ranch. Abundant grass, excellent working facilities, and huge stocking rates all combine to make this a profitable operation that will pay in dividends for years.
New Tract Added to Auction!
Click Here for Information
Wednesday September 10th: 10:00 AM
Roy Blunt YMCA
1710 W Broadway, Bolivar, MO
Click here for Auction Day Location Map
Come join us on information days to learn more about the property and our unique Buyer friendly auction process.
Information Dates will take place on Tract 2.
Wednesday August 13th: 10:00 - NOON
Wednesday August 27th: 10:00 - NOON
Showings and information will be available on the designated information dates. To schedule additional showings please contact Hall and Hall Auctions at 1-800-829-8747.
Call today to request a brochure and a property information packet!
Located on the Hickory-Polk county line, the entire property has Highway 83 frontage and is easily accessible from multiple larger cities.
Distances to Major Area Cities:
Springfield, MO – 47 Miles
Joplin, MO – 114 Miles
Jefferson City, MO – 106 Miles
Kansas City, MO – 128 Miles
Columbia, MO – 135 Miles
1,328± Acres offered in 7 Tracts and Combinations ranging from 40± to 444± Acres.
1,328± Acres offered in 6 Tracts and Combinations ranging from 40± to 444± Acres.
Tract 1: 296± Acres
Tract 2: 444± Acres
Tract 3: 226± Acres
Tract 4: 241± Acres
Tract 5: 81± Acres
Tract 6: 40± Acres
Tract 7: Personal residence on Pomme de Terre
The property is nearly all grazing paddocks made up of annually planted forages and native grasses. The acreage is broken down as follows:
975± Acres in intensive grazing paddocks
600± Acres in annual grass rangeland
50± Acres planted to corn
The property is appropriately and well improved for a profitable cattle operation.
Track 1 has a set of pipe working corrals in the SW corner with easy access to Highway 83 and 340 Road.
- 90X140 Shop - The three bay shop is newer and has electricity. The south and north bays have dirt floors and are currently used for equipment storage. The middle mechanic’s bay has a concrete floor with two overhead doors with drive through capability. There is also a partially finished insulated tool room adjoining the middle bay.
- Working Corrals – The steel working corrals are set up well and make for easy working of cattle. The corrals are nearly completely covered and are capable of holding 500 cow/calf pairs while working. The hydraulic squeeze chute and allies leading to the chute have overhead lights and the corrals are well located allowing easy turnout to different paddocks or loading chutes.
- 30X90 Equipment Shed – The equipment shed is a newer 5 bay steel shed with dirt floors.
- Manager’s Home – The home is a 1,000 square foot cabin style home with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. It is in average condition and would work well as a manager’s home or hunting cabin. It has a metal roof, covered front porch, log siding, A/C and wood floors.
Tract 3 is also minimally improved, however there is a set of working corrals and a fully enclosed shop/equipment shed with a gravel floor and 2 sliding doors.
The only improvement on Tract 4 is a runway that is under construction. The FAA approved runway is currently 3,400 feet with the dirt work done but it has the room and capability of being 4,000 feet.
Tract 5 has a rustic historic barn on it.
Tract 6 is un-improved.
Personal residence on Pomme de Terre
The property has 5 wells used for the automatic stock tank watering system, 3 irrigation wells rated at 350 gpm used to supplement grazing paddocks and several ponds throughout the property that can be used for livestock watering but are also very beneficial to the property’s wildlife.
The property hosts a large population of Turkey and Whitetail Deer. Every Tract has a varying degree of mature woodlands, ponds and creeks that add to the habitat of the wildlife and the property has received very little hunting pressure over the last 5 years. The close proximity of the property to several larger cities make it convenient for quick arrivals. The nearby Pomme de Terre State Park offers fishing for bass, walleye, catfish, crappie or even muskie.
There is great hunting potential on the property and there has been little hunting pressure in the past 5 years. Also, nearby Pomme de Terre State Park offers a wide variety of activities including, fishing, boating, swimming, camping and much more.
2013 Real Estate Taxes were as follows:
Polk County: $459.94
Hickory County: $1,707.88
Any mineral rights owned by the Seller will transfer with the real estate to the new Buyer(s).
Terms and Conditions:
- The property is being sold at Absolute Auction regardless of price.
- The property will be offered in 6 Tracts and Combinations.
- A 10% down payment of the Purchase Price will be due as earnest money immediately after being declared the Buyer and upon signing the Sale Contract.
- A 10% Buyer’s premium will be added to final bid price(s) to determine Total Purchase Price.
- Closing will take place within 30 days after auction day, or as soon thereafter as applicable closing documents are completed. Possession will be given at closing.
- Bidding is not conditional upon financing. Bidder(s) assume all responsibility for obtaining financing.
- 50± Acres in Corn - Buyer to receive 100% of growing crops
- 700+ Cow / Calf operation
- Covered working corrals
- 975± Acres setup in intensive grazing paddocks
- 600± Acres in an annual grass rangeland
- CRP Income
- 3 Irrigation wells
- Easy highway access
- Excellent hunting
A commission will be paid according to the broker participation guidelines to any properly licensed broker who registers a successful Buyer, who closes on a tract/combination. Broker registration forms are available upon request. Forms must be completed and returned no later than Tuesday, September 9th at 12 pm MDT.
The Hickory Cattle Company operation is set up to be an extremely profitable, efficient cattle ranch. In our current market it is very rare to find a property capable of running 700+ cow/calf pairs with low input costs that can be run with little man power. While cattle prices are at record levels this property will provide large returns per acre to capitalize on the hot market in a much shorter time frame than traditional ranches can offer. The property will sell absolute to the highest bidder so be sure and be in attendance.
Scott Shuman is a Licensed Missouri auctioneer.
NOTICE: Offering is subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change or withdrawal without notice, and approval of purchase by owner. Information regarding land classifications, acreages, carrying capacities, potential profits, etc., are intended only as general guidelines and have been provided by sources deemed reliable, but whose accuracy we cannot guarantee. Prospective buyers should verify all information to their satisfaction. Prospective buyers should also be aware that the photographs in this brochure may have been digitally enhanced.